Saturday, November 26, 2011

Exhausting Day

Today was the day I was hoping to finally pick up all the missing components needed for my Toralei cosplay which I figured was going to be exhausting.. But today started off with being on a TTC bus full of people that witnessed a woman getting hit by a van just as we drove past. She had run out in front of our bus while the light was red to try and reach the other side of the street and I guess didn't realize the van was coming until it was too late. The bus driver had seen everything so he needed to stay to be part of the investigation and give his statement but that meant everyone had to get out and stand on the corner right in front of the woman while the police and then EMS mobilized her and eventually took her away. It wasn't messy or anything but I knew things weren't right because she was much too quiet and they didn't roll her over for maybe 15 minutes. I read an article online a little bit ago saying she had "life-threatening injuries" and "serious head trauma" and nothing sounded overly positive. I hope she pulls out of it and can heal from this. 

Sigh. So that was the start of our day (my partner Matt was a star and joined me). Much of my searching was fruitless but in the end I was able to find arm and leg coverings that were vaguely similar to Toralei's color, a silver rectangular belt buckle that I'm pretty sure will work, and something totally AWESOME which is a kit for printing your own patterns and colors on hair extensions with an inkjet printer!! I've never even heard of anything like it but I'm excited to test it out so I can possibly print the tiger stripes on hair extensions for my wig instead of having to figure out how to color on a wig or something. I'm pretty excited with the possibilities of the technology!

The one thing I have failed to find and I'm totally frustrated about is any kind of quilted coat that I can modify. Nothing! I'm ready to give up. I was really hoping to not have to sew one from scratch because the time that will take AND the cost of the fabric is going to be very hard on me :( I'm feeling kind of bummed with the happenings of the day, being beyond exhausted and STILL not having everything I need. I'm burnt out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment