Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Toralei Cosplay Construction Starts! - Kerchief

I rarely have all my supplies gathered before I begin physical construction of garments. Usually there is a fair amount of reworking and re-visioning as I start creating my character so it isn't a huge issue. And as I choose projects that are increasingly more difficult, it is harder to find everything I need without A LOT of looking. Luckily I have amassed a stockpile of fabric, notions and supplies that allow me to work on some things while I source more evasive components. Right now I'm mainly concerned about getting arm and leg fabric coverings that match Toralei's skin tone. Definitely the wrong season but I'm hoping I will eventually find it stockpiled somewhere! Also, I'd love to make her coat from scratch but it may be more feasible to find a thin quilted coat second-hand and cannibalize it for the fabric. 


I started working on Toralei's kerchief last night when I figured out I had the orange fabric in my stockpile. Score! I'm making it from scratch which is pretty easy, all I had to do was a Google search to figure out the dimensions and I was on my way! I'm going to finish it up by creating a butcher's paper stencil for the Monster High logo seen on her kerchief in the cartoon and will hopefully be able to post some progress photos by Friday night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment