Sunday, December 4, 2011

Construction: Toralei's Leggings - TOTAL HOURS: (combined with others)

Web vs. Doll Differences noted:
-Cartoon version: Black tight-fitting capris, slash marks with yellow and red showing 
-Doll version (upcoming release): Black tight-fitting capris, slash marks with orange showing
I decided to use the doll version because it meant I could use fabric I already had for the orange slash mark lining. I started with leggings I had bought that were actually the right length. I turned them inside out and referenced a printout of Toralei's clothing to figure out where and what size slash marks I wanted to do. I cut out strips of orange spandex and sewed them on the inside of the pant legs. Once all those were done, I turned the pants right side out and then cut inside the stitching lines, carefully only to cut the top black layer and not the inside orange layer.

No comments:

Post a Comment