Sunday, December 4, 2011

Construction: Toralei's Skin - TOTAL HOURS: (combined with others)

Web vs. Doll Differences noted:
-Cartoon version and Doll version (upcoming release) are very similar. Lighter orange base with darker orange stripes on right arm and left legs.
 For Toralei's arms and legs, I first found tights that were a color close to her skin tone. I cut out the stripe patterns seen on her arms and legs out of butcher's paper and after measuring out where they should go with tape, ironed them down. I created the color with various hues of paint and then painted inside the paper cut outs with a paint brush.
 
For the arms, I first screened the stripes then turned them inside out so I could mark where my fingers were. I then used my sewing machine to create gloves and hand sewed any holes that were left once I turned them right side out.

No comments:

Post a Comment